This is an invitation for you to embark on something just for yourself that will leave you feeling completely transformed inside. This retreat is meant to be a pattern disruptor: a deep dive into making a massive impact on your health. This retreat works, because it removes you from your patterned behaviors and places you in a supportive environment that fosters the embodiment of radical change. This is an initiation into a new lifestyle... Not a quick fix!
If you are ready to positively transform your relationship to your body, food, and the environment, this is the right retreat for you.
You will embark on a paradigm shifting journey. You will practice a new way of living, eating, thinking and relating to your body's physiological and emotional responses. You will leave empowered, clear and radically self reliant, when it comes to taking control of your health and mental well being. Like learning a new language, full immersion is one of the fastest ways to get results. This is what the Ketogenic Diet Retreat is all about: immersion, hands on, experiential learning...
The ketogenic diet is one of the most powerful healing strategies available to everyone. By taking part in the Ketogenic Diet Retreat, you will come to embody specific practices that you can leverage throughout the rest of your life. You will be given all of the tools you need to take control of your health.
Imagine experiencing an internal balance in your physiology: when your body doesn't have to work so hard all the time. Then, your body can finally relax, making full rejuvenation is possible by allowing your body to heal itself.
Here's exactly what to expect at your retreat...
- Heal and seal your gut lining: reverse any signs of leaky gut to ensure proper nutrient absorption, reverse toxic overload, and turn off autoimmune reactions. If we don't accomplish this first, all the organic food and supplements will not make a difference in your health.
- Inoculate your gut micro biome: introduce beneficial bacteria using cultured foods that we will make together in the kitchen. This invaluable process will serve you for the rest of your journey toward optimal wellness after you leave. We will create a variety of home prepared cultured foods and probiotic enemas...
- Reduce pathogenic bacteria in your gut: eliminate foods that serve as a fuel source for pathogenic bacteria in your gut. In doing so, a "die off" (or detox) reaction occurs, leaving some people feeling uncomfortable for about 24-48 hours. This is why going on a retreat away from home is so valuable! A relaxing environment is essential. Rest is highly encouraged!
- Shift your metabolismto a keto adapted (fat burning) state: repair your mitochondria in order to reestablish proper cellular communication. This will allow your immune system to effectively self modulate, keeping it from becoming over or under active (reversing autoimmune disorders).
- Detoxify: remove stored toxins, excess fat, damaged mitochondria and mutated DNA from your body. This is one of the primary benefits of a ketogenic diet.
- Introduce superfoods into your diet: enrich your diet with abundant amounts of micronutrients to strengthen immune function and nourish the organs, brain and nervous system. This is achieved by shifting to a superfood based diet that is extremely rich in micronutrients. You will learn how to make superfood smoothies and fresh juice, the foundation of your new healthy diet.
- Effortlessly lose unwanted body fat: move towards your ideal body weight and learn exactly how to maintain it once you get there.
- Develop a personalized daily planof action for reaching your highest potential: leave the retreat with clarity, new skills and a new awareness for making informed decisions about your health. You will become a master of your own health and in the process you will become radically self reliant.
- Connect to the natural elements: earth, air, fire, water, while cultivating a deeper connection to your body and your true Self. This is a key element of the retreat and you will leave with a deeper understanding of how to leverage the natural world as a primary resource for healing the mind and body.
- Deep Relaxation and Meditation Practices: learn to leverage the power of your mind to facilitate healing in the physical body. By counteracting your stress responses, recognizing and releasing programmed patterns, your body can relax and start to heal itself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When is the retreat, where is it located, and is it handicap accessible?
A: You and I will choose a week that works for both of us. You will arrive on a Tuesday evening between 2-6 pm and depart on Wednesday afternoon. Friday is a "free" day (day off) for you to move on your own accord.
A: The retreat is held in my private residence in the beautiful Sierra Foothills of Northern California. We host private individuals and small groups.
A: No. My home is an old Victorian and you will have to go up stairs to get to your room.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: A private retreat for one individual costs $3,500 for one week and $6,000 for 2 weeks (double occupancy available for couples). We will work one-on-one together. Retreat begins on a Tuesday, after 2 pm and ends Wednesday afternoon the following week. For a small group or family experience with dorm style accommodations the cost is $3,000 per week and $5,000 for two weeks per person.
Q: Can I bring my husband, child, or other people with me?
A: The Ketogenic Diet Retreat is designed to take you away from it all, so you can focus solely on yourself, deeply tuning into your body through ample quiet time and meditation. Some exceptions may be made for couples and families with older children.
Q: What if I have food allergies and can’t eat everything on the diet?
A: I’ll note your food allergies and sensitivities and design your meals with those in mind. One of the major benefits of healing and sealing your gut (step one) is that food allergies will resolve themselves and foods that you may be sensitive to now, you will be able to eat later once the leaky gut is resolved.
Q: How much of the diet can be completed in one week?
A: Typically, you will master Phase One, healing and sealing the gut lining, so that food can be properly absorbed (this is the first priority). This step ends sometime between day one and three.
Then, you will move into Phase 2 which is the implementation of the ketogenic diet. We will be spending a lot of time in the kitchen together! You are about half way there at the end of week one. For most people, it takes on average about 14 days to become keto-adapted (but there are some tricks and strategies that speed this process up that we will discuss). It could take much longer to heal the gut lining but each person is different and your body will be your guide. We will travel parallel paths (gut healing and ketogenic diet) because gut health is centric to your success; and the ketogenic diet goes hand in hand with gut healing. You will be a master after the second week!
Q: What will a typical day look like?
A: Each day will be designed around how you feel and the combination of activities will vary.
A general example:
- Wake up
- Tea ceremony
- Morning Meditation
- Broth Making
- Nutrition Lesson
- Walk into town for a stroll/shopping...
- Massage or river hike (outing)
- Journaling/quiet time/nap/rest
- Nutrition lesson/video
- Colon care protocol introduction: coffee enema/colon implants
- Q & A: time to address any questions you may have.
- Make dinner together
- Have time to read or check in with your family
- Check in Q & A
- Free time
- A detoxing and mineralizing bath before bed
- Colon care protocol
Saturday we will go to the farmers market for a lovely day out shopping. Then come back to create magic in the kitchen. The market is about a 15 minute walk. Bring walking shoes.
I have a lot to teach you, and my main goal is to give you all of the tools you need to be successful. You will practice using these tools while you are here so you will master them before you leave. Part of the learning is fully engaging in the process of making food. You will be spending lot's of time in the kitchen, having a direct experience with your food and with me.
Q: What will I need to bring?
A: Casual and comfy clothes like pajamas, sweats, a bathrobe, and slippers. A journal or notebook and pen. Anything you’d like to read. A laptop or tablet if you’d like to be on the internet or watch movies. Any medications and supplements you’re currently taking. Bathing suit. Yoga mat and yoga clothes. Water bottle. Insulated 20 oz. (minimum) travel mug with tight fitting lid.
Q: Is there a TV in the room?
A: There is no TV in the room (or our home). We do have high-speed internet if you’d like to watch things online.
Q: Will I still be able to talk to you about my progress after I go home?
A: We’ll have two 30 minute phone consults following your stay. One 5 days after you’ve returned home; and the other two weeks after that. If you’d like more ongoing help you can receive additional coaching with me for as long as you desire.
Q: Who else will be in your home?
A: My husband, housemates and other participants (possibly), if you are not booking a private retreat. There are no pets that live in my house. Sorry, you can't bring your pet(s).
Q: Will you be seeing other clients during this time?
A: Friday is a day off for you. It's a day of inner reflection, solo flight in the kitchen, journaling, massage in town, solo shopping (walk to town); and a time to be independent and see what types of challenges come up so we can work them out together. On Fridays, I typically leave the house to see private patients at my office. When I return, we gather later in the day and check in.
Q: What if there’s an emergency?
A: In the event of an emergency you will be taken to the local hospital and I’ll be there with you. For lesser concerns, I will have a Dr. on call to answer questions and provide recommendations on whether medical treatment should be sought. I am not a medical Dr and cannot diagnosis, treat, or prescribe medications.
Q: Will I need a car?
A: If you’re flying to Sacramento or SF there is public transportation that runs near my house and taxis cost around $50. Once here, we’ll visit places within walking distance or use my personal car. You do not need a car once you arrive. The train station is a 5 minute walk to my home and The Sacramento International Airport is about 45 minutes away (without traffic). Uber or Lyft is available from the airport to my home with ease.
Q: Will I be able to go out and do other things?
A: If you feel up to it, you can go to nearby parks, hiking trails, rivers or go window shopping in the neighborhood. I can also help you arrange a massage, if you would like (for added cost). In general, I’ll be spending quality time with you for most of the retreat and I encourage you to rest and relax as much as possible in your free time.